Membership is open to all who have an interest in telecommunications, its applications and its contribution to the digital economy.
Financial Member Benefits
- Keep informed and learn about new products and technologies
- Network with peers in Telecommunications and the Digital Economy
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy (successor to the TJA)
- Free access to CommsWire daily and weekly newsletters
- Participation in the activities of the Society at no charge or reduced rates
- Participation in the development of public policy positions relating to telecommunications and the digital economy
- Participation in forums and discussion on the TelSoc website
- Webmail contact with your fellow TelSoc members
- Vote to elect members of the TelSoc Board
From 1st July 2017, financial membership is for each Financial Year at $120 pa, with a joining fee of $40 (zero on renewal). No GST applies.
Changeover Provisions (Special)
Any renewals up to 31st July 2017 will be honoured at the old rate of $100; and anyone who renewed after 1st January 2017 will have their membership extended to 30th June 2018. Anyone who renewed between 1st October and 31st December 2016 will be offered renewal at a special rate of $80. From 1st August all renewals will be at the new rates.
NEW MEMBERSHIPS up to 31st July 2017 will be at the old rate of $100 pa with no joining fee (reduction of $60).Other categories of membership
- Have all the benefits of financial members including voting rights
- The period of membership is for life
- Life membership is free but by invitation only, offered for outstanding service to TelSoc and its predecessor, the TSA
- Student members have all of the benefits of financial membership except voting rights
- The period of membership is for a calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription A$40
- Subscribe to email notifications of news and events.
- Participation in the activities of the Society for a fee.
- Upgrade to financial membership at any stage.
- Free access to the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy.
- The period of subscription is for one calendar year from January to December.
- Annual subscription AU$400.00.
Terms and conditions of membership of TelSoc are that members:
- Support the purposes of TelSoc, namely:
- To promote knowledge, understanding and excellence in telecommunications and its applications including the digital economy.
Respect and comply with the copyright provisions of the website.
Respect and comply with the privacy provisions of the website.
Respect and comply with the guidelines for content on the website.
In addition, student members affirm that:
- That they are full-time students.
- That their educational institution and student number details are valid.